Just another blog...

Saturday, December 25, 2004
On this day:

Earthquake Experience...

Today morning, Chennai experienced shocks of an earthquake centered somewhere in Indonesia. My wife woke me up saying she could feel some movements... but I first dismissed her saying she was imagining things... But just a moment later, I felt my bed literally shaking (just for a few seconds). It was a wierd experience. I went out to the balcony and look out at neighbouring flats and roads. Everything seemed to be so quiet :)

A couple of hours later, I learnt that a huge tidal wave has swept the shores on the east coast. I went to the beach to witness the aftermath. The water from the sea has come in to the roads crossing the beach (the 2nd largest in the world). I heard that the waves were about 5-6 feet in height. Just a few photos for you to see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home